Water is an earthly element most commonly associated with life. Just imagine yourself lying beside a river under a lush tree with green grass on a lovely summer day.
When the shadows of the swaying tree branches hit your face, you will quickly lose yourself to the sound of the waves. In fact, watching the ripples of water hit the shore and play with the sunlight will take your mind to a place of medication.
So many great minds have found inspiration and something beautiful in the water. And you can too! After all, water is a life source. Nevertheless, many empires have fallen and risen next to the water, and people still continue to gravitate toward it.
So, on that note, here are 30 water reflection quotes that will allow you to bring out the best in you and make you a better individual!
The Best Water Reflection Quotes That Will Calm Your Soul
1. “The water is always deeper than what it reflects.” ― Marty Rubin
2. “Do not be hardened by the pain and cruelty of this world. Be strong enough to be gentle, to be soft and supple like running water, gracefully bending around sudden turns, lithely waving in strong winds, freely flowing over sharp rocks, all the while quietly sculpting this hard world into ever deeper beauty, gently eroding rigid rock into silken sand, tenderly transforming human cruelty into human kindness. Remember, true strength is not found in the stone, but in the water that shapes the stone.” ― L.R. Knost
3. “Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is not a solid wall. It will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing, in the end, can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child. Remember, you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.” ― Margaret Atwood
4. “When the waters of a lake are absolutely still, the lake reflects the trees, the sky, and everything around it perfectly. At the slightest breeze, with the smallest ripple in the waters, the lake reflects nothing but itself. To see another with clarity and objectivity, one first must master stillness. The slightest breeze of judgment or interpretation from the rational mind will create a ripple that shatters awareness and returns us to ordinary perception.” ― Alberto Villoldo
The Most Amazing Inner Peace Quotes
5. “I am like the water that runs over me, immune to permanence, recycling endlessly. I am water; I am life. The form may change, but the substance stays the same. Strike me down, and I will rise again.” ― Rick Yancey
6. “The emotional states are liberated inside water. We calm down emotionally. We become more sensitive. We are able to “touch” deeper ourselves and other beings. Empathy is echoing back to us, giving subtle vibrations from the realm of the senses. Find your water.” ― Grigoris Deoudis
7. “Life is like water, which is the combination of positive ions and negative ions. So do not stress yourself. Just flow on like water.” – The Soul Winter
8. “Water is the mirror that has the ability to show us what we cannot see. It is a blueprint for our reality, which can change with a single positive thought. All it takes is faith, if you’re open to it.” – Masaru Emoto
9. “The sun shines down, and its image reflects in a thousand different pots filled with water. The reflections are many, but they are each reflecting the same sun. Similarly, when we come to know who we truly are, we will see ourselves in all people.”— Mata Amritanandamayi
10. “We should see there is no difference between one person or another. Then our pure thoughts can be evenly spread between all people. Sunshine can reflect on clean water but not on dirty water. God’s light will be reflected by those persons with a pure heart.”— Baba Hari Dass
11. “The sun shines down, and its image reflects in a thousand different pots filled with water. There are many, but they are each reflecting the same sun. Similarly, when we come to know who we truly are, we will see ourselves in all people.” ― Mata Amritanandamayi
12. “This is what Zen means by being detached, not being without emotion or feeling, but being one in whom feeling is not sticky or blocked, and through whom the experiences of the world pass like the reflections of birds over water.” ― Alan Watts
How Candle Meditation Helps You Improve Sleep, Focus, and Mental Health
13. “People dread silence because it is transparent; like clear water, which reveals every obstacle― the used, the dead, the drowned, silence reveals the cast-off words and thoughts dropped in to obscure its clear stream. And when people stare too close to silence, they sometimes face their own reflections, their magnified shadows in the depths, and that frightens them. I know; I know.” ― Janet Fame
14. “The undisturbed mind is like the calm body of water reflecting the brilliance of the moon. Empty the mind, and you will realize the undisturbed mind.” ― Yagyu Jubei Mitsuyoshi
15. “Water is the softest thing, yet it can penetrate mountains and earth. This shows clearly the principle of softness overcoming hardness.” ― Lao Tzu
16. “Only in still waters do things reflect undistorted.” – Anne Brown
17. “Reflection of the soul is like looking at a pond. You can only see what is when there is calm.” – Andy Fox
18. “I saw my reflection on the water. I touched my face. You are fearfully and wonderfully made.” – Ansel Elkins
19. “Men do not mirror themselves in running water – they mirror themselves in still water. Only what is still can still the stillness of other things.” ― Zhuangzi
20. “When the water of life rises up, look for the reflection of your inner strength.” – Laura Fuller
21. “Just as the water reflects the stars and the moon, the body reflects the mind and the soul.” – Rumi
22. “Be like water. Show others their reflection with coolness.” – Devya
23. “Realization doesn’t destroy the individual any more than the reflection of the moon breaks a drop of water. A drop of water can reflect the whole sky.” ― Dogen
24. “Like water which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed.” ― Indra Devi
25. “In moments of quiet reflection, our minds embrace the sea that we have crossed.”- Holmes.
26. “Water, thou hast no taste, no color, no odor; canst not be defined, art relished while ever mysterious. Not necessary to life, but rather life itself, thou fillest us with a gratification that exceeds the delight of the senses.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupery
27. “The mind is like water. When it’s turbulent, it’s difficult to see. When it’s calm, everything becomes clear.” ― Prasad Mahes
28. “The still waters of a lake reflect the beauty around it. When the mind is still, the beauty of the Self is seen reflected in it.” ― B.K.S Iyengar
29. “The sun shines down, and its image reflects in a thousand different pots filled with water. There are many, but they are each reflecting the same sun. Similarly, when we come to know who we truly are, we will see ourselves in all people.” ― Mata Amritanandamayi
30. “Always be like water. Float in the times of pain or dance like waves along the wind which touches its surface.” ― Santosh Kalwar
Essential Self Discipline Quotes That Can Help You
Video: Best 20 Quotes about Water | Super Quotes | Motivational Quotes
Explore our evergreen collection of finest quotes about Water that were collected by our erudite team of experts. This video contains quotations by such bright minds as John Lubbock, E. E. Cummings.
There is no doubt that water can be considered the best source of inspiration. You can either be powerful and strong like a raging sea or calm and still like a peaceful lake. But, at the end of the day, it all depends on you and how you see your reflection in the water.
So, go for a swim in the ocean, relax near your pool, or maybe drink a tall glass of fresh cold water or take a hot shower. Then, search for ways you can see your inner reflection and try to be one with yourself. You’ll become a better individual doing so!
The Most Inspiring Meditation Quotes
Beautiful Water Reflection Quotes