As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Collagen production is ideal for healthier skin, hair, and nails. As you age you lose collagen and the results are wrinkles, sagging skin, and it can also affect your bone health. Collagen is mostly produced from animal sources including beef or fish and it is not vegan. Historically, getting enough collagen has often been an issue if you are vegan, or just go through phases of trying vegan diets (like me!) for extended periods of time.
But thanks to scientific advances in recent years, there are now finally good vegan collagen sources!
Instead of being obtained from animal sources, collagen can now be sourced from genetically modified bacteria and yeast. Moreover, if you are a vegetarian, you have vegan collagen supplements at your disposal since the common collagen products are obtained from animal products. The ability to produce cheap and safe collagen that is obtained from microbes rather than animals has numerous benefits including minimal risks of allergies, low cost for consumers, and not forgetting the beauty benefits for vegetarians or rather vegans
This article will dig deep into some of the top vegan collagen products with their pros and cons.
Top Vegan Collagen Supplements
1. Moon Juice Plant-Based Vegan Collagen Creamer
Moon juice collagen protection is your vegan-based solution that is ideal for supple and youthful skin. The vegan collagen consists of three main ingredients: Tocos, Silver Ear Mushroom, and Hyaluronic acid that gives important nutrition to your body cells to enhance your body’s collagen production. At the same time, the product hydrates your skin starting from the inside out.
Moon juice vegan collagen reduces the emergence of wrinkles and fine lines and protects your skin from free radical damage. The ingredients are 100% natural and derived from No Soy, Vegan, Non-Dairy, No Gluten, Non-GMO, and No Fillers. To use this vegan collagen, you can blend it with matcha, coffee, and smoothies. It can also replace the milk in coffee, cereals, and drinks.
– 100% natural ingredients
– Hydrates your skin from the inside out
– It is 100% traceable
– May be pricey
- SKIN, HAIR, NAILS: Collagen Protect is your plant-based solution for supple, youthful skin. With only three ingredients, Silver Ear Mushroom, Tocos, and Hyaluronic Acid, it provides essential nutrition to your cells to help promote your body's natural collagen production while hydrating your skin from the inside out.
- HYDRATION, NOURISHMENT, AND DETOX: Hydrates skin fom the inside out. Minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Help protect skin from free radical damage.
- ALL INGREDIENTS: Rice Bran Solubles (Tocotrienols), Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp (Silver Ear Mushroom), Sodium Hyaluronate - Salt of Hyaluronic Acid
- ALL NATURAL: 100% Naturally Derived Ingredients - Vegan, Non-Dairy, No Soy, No Gum, No Gluten, No Fillers, Non-GMO. - 4.5 ounces / 127g
- HOW TO USE: Blend with coffee, matcha, and smoothies. Can replace milk in cereals, coffee, and drinks by blending 2 tbsp per 8 ounces of water. - *Packaging May Vary*
2. Lemon Balm Vegan, Non-GMO Collagen
Lemon balm improves your mood naturally and helps you to relax. This vegan collagen supplement also helps you to improve your cognitive function and memory. If you suffer from any digestive discomforts, then lemon balm vegan will give you the required support on this, and provide natural relief. Although this has not been proven scientifically, the product has been used traditionally to tackle digestive healths.
vThe Lemon Balm vegan collagen is free from many common allergens since it has been produced using high-quality ingredients. Also, it is free from corn, wheat, dairy sugar, soy, nightshades and it is Non-GMO. It can be used in meals as well as your delicious smoothies.
– Immune and antioxidant support
– Best for all lifestyles
– Non-GMO vegan
– Free from the obvious allergens
– Lemon flavor may not appeal to some people
- Naturally Improve Your Mood: These lemon balm drops are a great way to improve your mood and they may help you relax. This supplement may also help improve your memory, and cognitive function.
- May Offer Digestive Support: Do you suffer from occasional digestive discomfort? This lemon balm supplement could provide you with some natural relief. While not fully supported by research, it has been used traditionally to assist with digestive health. Take a couple of drops with a meal or add it to a delicious smoothie!
- Immune System Support: Provide your immune system with a little extra support with lemon balm. This lovely-tasting herb is high in polyphenols which may help support your immune system.
- Free from Common Allergens: We only use the highest-quality ingredients in our full line of supplements. Our lemon balm alcohol free extract is Vegan and Non-GMO. It contains No Gluten, Wheat, Corn, Soy, Nuts, Dairy, Sugar, or Nightshades.
3. Sunwarrior Plant-Based Vegan Collagen
Sunwarrior is an anti-aging beauty company focusing on organic, non GMO and sustainable solutions for health and beauty. Their natural dietary vegan supplements have amino acids and essential vitamins for strong skin, hair and nails, and joint support. With sun warrior collagen supplements, you are guaranteed to experience the difference.
The vegan supplement is an animal friendly as well as an environmentally-sustainable blend that is made of plant-based ingredients including pea protein, organic brown rice, spirulina, and also vitamin c obtained from tremella mushrooms and sea buckthorn berries.
With biotin, hyaluronic acid tremella mushrooms, elastin, and more, you can improve and build your natural beauty starting from the inside out. Joining the energy of collagen peptides together with other protein derivatives plants mixed with a vegan serving equivalent to form a single smooth, you form a tasty formula that is incredibly superior compared to the individual components.
The product is ideal for all your lifestyles. The vegan collagen boasts high-protein, low-carbohydrate, non-GMO, keto-friendly, and paleo. It has delicious flavors such as protein powder with vegan chocolate, Vegan flavorless, and vegan vanilla.
– Best for all lifestyles
– Anti-aging beauty
– Natural vegan collagen powder
– An animal-friendly product
– There are not many varieties of flavors
- Anti-Aging Beauty: Natural dietary supplement with essential vitamins and amino acids for joint support and strong hair, skin, and nails. Add Sunwarrior vegan collagen protein powder into your daily supplements and feel the warrior within.
- An animal-friendly, enviornmentally-sustainable blend of plant-based ingredients. Sourced from, organic brown rice, pea protein, spirulina, vitamin c from sea buckthorn berries & amla, spinach, tremella mushrooms, and naturally sweetened with stevia sweet leaf. The perfect vegan collagen powder to suit your daily supplement needs!
- Build and enhance your natural beauty from the inside out. Fusing the power of collagen peptides, pea protein powder and other plant based protein sources mixed with a veggie serving equivalent into one smooth, great-tasting formula that is overwhelmingly superior to the individual components alone.
- For all Lifestyles: Low-carb, high-protein, non-GMO, paleo, keto-friendly, certified organic and vegan; Free of soy, dairy, added sugar, and gluten. With delicious flavors including chocolate, vanilla, unflavored, and our new Salted Caramel!
- Natural Collagen powder: Throw in your favorite shaker bottle with a nut-milk mixer or add the collagen peptides powder into your daily smoothie and watch how amazing you feel with sun warriors plant based protein added to your daily diet. Whether you're looking for a post workout recovery drink, a way to kickstart your day, a product to get the most out of your workouts, or all of the above, Sunwarrior protein powder products are sure to satisfy!
4. Amazing Grass Glow Collagen Made of Vegan
Amazing Grass Glow collagen is an organic supplement that is packed with refreshing superfoods leaving you with a radiant feeling and your skin gets revitalized.
Through the synergistic blends, this vegan collagen boasts a formula that is designed to hydrate your skin, as well as rebuilding your damaged skin. Moreover, Amazing Grass Glow supports the production of collagen to allow a more youthful look.
The vegan supplement has been certified by USDA and it does not have major allergens. To make it better, it is affordable and you will not dig deep into your pockets. The canister features 15 servings and the powder is fast-absorbing to help with absorption.
– More affordable
– Free from allergens and artificial ingredients
– Certified by the USDA
– Replenished with superfoods that repair and hydrate your skin
– Stevia is used as a sweetener so if you have a strong dislike for Stevia, one of the other options may be better for you
- Support collagen production with vitamin C from organic acerola cherries
- Promote the appearance of glowing skin with organic B complex vitamins
- Help maintain healthy hair, skin & nails with 100% DV plant-based Biotin & organic B complex vitamins
- Support lean muscle recovery & repair with 15g plant-based protein from organic pea & organic brown rice
- Plant-based protein with reviving superfoods to help support collagen synthesis.
5. Garden Life Vegan Collagen
Garden of life is a vegan collagen supplement that helps your body to build its natural collagen production with co-nutrients including silica for skin, nails, and beautiful hair. The supplement helps maintain and restore youthful levels of keratin, collagen, and elastin.
The plant-sourced vegan collagen includes polyphenolic pomegranate for protection against UV damage and support healthy skin. The Garden Life vegan collagen consists of beauty-boosting biotin. This biotin is obtained from antioxidants from turmeric, organic pomegranate, amla to support healthy bones, teeth, and healthy skin.
The collagen pills are certified to be USDA organic, and are gluten-free certified and also a non-GMO product.
– Has beauty-boosting biotin
– Gives a youthful glow
– 100% organic vitamin
– The product is affordable
– This supplement is tablets so if you don’t like to swallow pills, or prefer a powder you can mix with water, a smoothie or coffee, another option may be better for you.
- Silica supplement: mykind vegan collagen hair supplement helps build the body's own natural production of collagen with collagen co nutrients such as silica for beautiful hair, skin and nails
- Youthful glow: Our collagen supplement helps restore and maintain youthful levels of collagen, keratin and elastin
- Polyphenols: Our plant sourced collagen builder includes High Polyphenolic Pomegranate to support skin health and protect against UV damage
- Beauty boosting biotin: 1,500 milligrams whole food biotin from organic sesbania and antioxidants from organic pomegranate, turmeric, amla, green and rooibos tea support healthy skin, teeth and bones
- Organic vitamin: Our collagen pills are certified USDA organic, non GMO project verified, vegan certified, gluten free certified, kosher made (Star K)
If you have struggled to find the proper collagen supplement as a vegan, I can totally relate. I wrote this article to share what I’ve learned with you.
In previous years, it was hard for those of us on vegan diets (or trying extended periods of vegan eating) to get enough collagen. But that is now longer the case and now with these vegan collagen supplements, even vegetarians and vegans have access to quality options to boost collagen production.
We hope you like our review of these top rated vegan collagen supplement products, and try them out for yourself.