A lot of our readers want to get started with yoga but they are put off by the high costs of yoga (buying yoga outfits, yoga mats, yoga accessories, and joining a yoga studio). Yoga doesn’t need to be expensive though – the easiest way to get started is to find an affordable yoga mat and start practicing yoga at home! To help make Yoga more accessible to everyone, we researched many different yoga mats to help guide you to a quicker, easier decision so you can start doing yoga at home (or at a studio) and get your yoga journey started! So, without further ado, let’s get started on finding the perfect yoga mat under $50 for you.
Top Yoga Mats Under $50 – Comparison Chart
Top Yoga Mats Under $50 Reviews
1. Gaiam Premium Extra Thick Yoga Mat
If you are looking for a great yoga mat under $50, this is our top choice. The Gaiam Premium Extra Thick Yoga Mat is a premium extra thick multipurpose that is light in weight. In addition to being a great mat, it’s very stylish and they currently offer more than 40 different designs, so there is one that you will love. This mat is designed to suit all of your yoga needs and it is great for home use. And because it is lightweight, it’s one that you can easily carry the mat to your yoga studio too.
The Gaiam Premium Extra Thick Yoga Mat is durable, has enough cushioning for added support, and is sticky enough to prevent slips. The Gaiam Yoga Mat is made of an eco-friendly material that is free of toxins. As the mat is eco-friendly, it is a healthier choice for your well being and also the planet that you can feel good about! This mat is also free of toxic substances such as DEHP, DBP, BBP, DINP, DIDP, and DNOP.
The dimension of this yoga mat is 68 inches x 24-inches x 6 millimeters. It is a thick mat for your comfort with high grip performance. The mat weight is approximately 3.7 pounds. This mat is perfect for beginners and an excellent budget friendly choice. BONUSES – Two nice bonuses with this mat are that it comes with a FREE Downloadable Yoga Class and also a lifetime warranty.
- The yoga mat is ideal for beginners
- Has enough cushioning for added support
- Eco-friendly components – good for the environment
- Light weight and easy to carry
- Brand new yoga mats will release an odor but this will go away after a few days and you can speed up the process by unrolling it and airing it out for a few days.
2. Gaiam Essentials Thick Yoga Mat with Easy Cinch Carrier Strap
If you are looking for an inexpensive thick yoga mat that comes with an easy-cinch strap, the Gaiam Essentials Thick Yoga Mat is a solid choice. The mat is suitable for yoga, as well as other types of exercise (e.g. floor pilates) and fitness due to its thickness. It is 2/5ths of an inch thick to give you the extra padding that your joints need. Moreover, the Gaiam Essentials Thick Yoga Mat is robust and lightweight. Gaiam Essentials offers a variety of solid color options for this mat such as like Black, Orange, Pink Purple Teal, etc.
The dimension of the mat is 72 x 24 x 2/5″ thick. It weighs slightly more than 3 lbs. It is also made of 100% non-toxic material and 6P free PVC yoga mat which is the correct selection for you and earth. It is also free of DEHP, DBP, BBP, DINP, DIDP, and DNOP.
Gaiam’s mat is lightweight. And a carrier strap is included in the purchase of Gaiam Essentials Fitness mats which makes it easy to carry from your home to yoga studio.
- A non-toxic PVC yoga mat.
- Easy to strap your mat while commuting.
- It comes with a carrier strap.
- If you have a pre-existing injury, you might need something with more extra padding.
- When you use the yoga mat for the first time, there is a harmless odor; however, it fades away with time. Hence, it is recommended to keep the mat in the fresh air for a few days.
3. Balance from GoYoga All-Purpose High-Density Mat – Best Budget Yoga Mat option
The Balance from GoYoga mat is extra thick with ¼ inches and is one of the best low cost option for those on a tight budget. This mat is affordably priced and also very highly rated, so it is an easy choice for those on the highest budget! The lightweight and durable mats provide plenty of cushioning to support your joints. Besides being eco-friendly, the mat’s 68 inches length and 24 inches width provide ample space to work out comfortably. This mat comes in a range of solid colors like blue, black green, grey, pink, purple and red.
Other great features of the thick mat include a double sided non non-slip surface as well as a moisture-resistant coating. This enables you to clean any dirt or other particles accumulated on the mat effortlessly with a little dish soap and water. Another additional benefit of the thick mat is its carrying strap, which makes the mat easy to carry around wherever you need to practice yoga. You can go to the park, a friends house, or a yoga studio with ease. this yoga mat is covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee and also a 2- year warranty.
To sum up, Balance from Go Yoga is the best budget friendly option for a low cost yoga mat that is very highly rated and covered with a satisfaction guarantee. The dual-sided anti-slip surface offers optimum stability and prevents injuries. This product comes with a warranty of 2 years and makes your purchase trouble-free with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Multi-purpose mat with extra thickness
- Mat is good quality material and has an anti-tearing net.
- Comes with a carrier strap for easy portability
- This mat is 68 inches long, so if you are taller, you need to find an extra-long mat.
- The balance from Go Yoga mat is not a well-known brand – but it comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a 2 year warranty