Regardless of whether you are a beginner or an expert in Yoga, depending on the type of Yoga you practice, you are going to sweat a lot. And if you’ve ever taken a Hot Yoga or Bikram Yoga class you know just how much you can sweat during a yoga class! Even with regular non heated yoga classes, the humidity level and temperature in yoga studios can make you sweat. That is why it is important that your yoga mat is a non-slip one. Let’s check the best yoga mats on the market that ensure that you have good stability on your yoga mat.
Plyopic All-in-One Yoga Mat Best Luxury Sweat Grip Mat
The Plyopic All-in-One Yoga Mat is a multi-purpose mat with an eco-friendly rubber base. The thickness of the mat is 3.5mm and it has a special “sweat-grip” surface coating that grips at a lower moisture threshold than other yoga towels or microfiber mats. It is non-sweat in nature. It is a long-lasting and good quality mat that can enhance your performance and postures. This yoga mat provides comfort and reduces stress on your joints, and prevents you from slipping when your body sweats. This mat is suitable for all exercises and can be used with or without slippers.
The Plyopic All-in-One Yoga Mat is made of eco-friendly material and SGS approved. It is made of sustainably harvested tree rubber bottom that firmly grips the floor, so the mat won’t move or curl during your yoga practice. The top layer is a soft grip coating that is made of biodegradable micros used which provides a textured and comfortable warming texture against your skin. Also there is a microsuede layer that is thermally fused (without toxic glues!) to the rubber base to make it extremely durable.
The Plyopic All-in-One Yoga Mat comes in a variety of color patterns which make it stand out from a basic solid color yoga mat. The “Persia” color option actually looks like a Persian rug and some women I know leave it unrolled on the floor as it looks like a carpet. Then they can do poses whenever they like and don’t have to worry about getting the yoga mat out of the closet unrolling it and then having to put it back later. One less hassle – they can do poses whenever they like. Very creative idea, don’t you think? The mat’s dimensions are 71 x 25.5 x 0.1-inch.
- A multi-purpose mat which is very eco-friendly. Use one side for yoga and flip it over for other floor exercises or Pilates
- Vibrant colors make this a fun, more colorful option
- 100% non-toxic with environmentally conscious SGS certified materials.
- The mat is thinner than most yoga mats. To most people this is a positive for storage and portability, but if you require extra cushioning, this mat may be too thin for you.
Yoga Cloud Ultra-Thick 1″ Yoga and Exercise Mat Ultra Thick and Cushioned for extra joint support
If you need a thicker mat with extra joint support, this one is a good option. The Yoga Cloud Ultra-Thick 1″ Yoga and Exercise Mat yoga mat is 1 inch and ultra thick which makes it a great choice if you’re looking for a safer, sturdier, thicker yoga mat. The additional cushion protects your knees, hips, wrist, and elbows from getting hurt while doing exercises. The high density foam used in this mat is 4x thicker than a traditional yoga mat.
The mat’s dimensions are 72 inches long and 24 inches wide. It comes in four different color combinations – black, pink blue and red. Because of the mat’s thickness, it is a good option for other floor exercises that require greater cushioning like Pilates, ab workouts, and so on.
To sum up, Yoga Cloud Ultra-Thick 1″ Yoga and Exercise Mat is a good option if you’re looking for an ultra thick, slip proof alternative to a traditional yoga mat.
- Extra cushion protects your joints
- Easy to roll up and carry to a preferred location
- Comes with a carrying strap and shoulder sling for easy portability
- This is a standard yoga mat length, so if you are taller than 6 feet you might do better with a longer yoga mat for tall people
If you’re looking for a premium non-slip yoga mat, then the Sacred Yoga Mat , the “world’s grippiest mat” might be worth your consideration! This yoga mat is 100% eco-friendly and non-toxic, made of 100% recyclable natural rubber.
The double-sided non-slip surfaces are slip-resistant and prevent injuries. Because it is so grippy, you will find total stability, even in the sweatiest of yoga environments like a hot or Bikram yoga class. This mat has advanced grip technology which makes it 100% Floor Stable.
The mat is extra long (72 inches) and extra wide (26.7 inches) and 5mm thick, so it works well even for taller people. It comes in 3 color options – Steel Blue, Black Charcoal and Purple Plum. And it also comes with a free carrying strap. Finally, it’s important to note that the mat is reversible too which gives you the ability to mix up your yoga practice.
One unique aspect of the Sacred Yoga Mat is its central alignment system to help improve your form and balance.
Wrapping up, if you’re looking for an environmentally friendly, luxury, extreme grip yoga mat, the sacred yoga mat is our top choice.
- Non-slip yoga mat that is said to be the “world’s grippiest yoga mat”
- Eco-friendly – all natural rubber and PU vegan leather that is 100% recyclable
- Sacred Yoga donates a portion of their proceeds to various non profits which help bring yoga and meditation to at-risk communities.
- This mat is more expensive so if you are on a budget, you may be more interested in budget friendly yoga mats
- It is also heavier than a typical foam mat -its weight is what helps make it stable and grippier
Ewedoos’s eco-friendly yoga mat is an excellent choice for many yogi’s – it has thick high density padding for extra cushioning to help avoid sore knees and joints. The dual-sided non-slip surfaces are slip-resistant and will help you be stable in your poses.
One thing that is unique about this mat is that it has a Body Alignment System which consists of alignment lines ingrained in the mat. These lines will help you with proper hand and feet placement. Because they are ingrained in the mat what is really cool is that you can feel them with your hands and feet and this helps you improve your placement without having to look down during your poses!
The Ewedoos Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat dimensions are 72 x 24 x 0.2 inches and comes in a variety of colors. This yoga mat is moisture-resistant and very easy to clean. Ewedoos is made of eco-friendly TPE material. It is lightweight and SGS approved. Also, it is free of latex and does not contain PVC. The TPE material is robust and ensures support in case you perform power yoga.
- Technologically improved TPE (Thermoplastic elastomers) are an eco friendly option for yoga mats
- Non-slip bottom.
- Body Alignment system – this yoga mat is unique with its alignment lines to help you adjust your hands and feet into proper alignment
- Comes with a free carry strap
- Color options are basic solid colors, so if you prefer a more colorful mat, this one might not be for you.